Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What Is Your Greatest Genesis Memory That Your Are Thankful For?

Thanksgiving. A time to reflect and give thanks to all things that have positively impacted our lives. Might sound like a crazy question, however I wondered what are fans of Genesis thankful for regarding their music?

Could it be the concerts, the albums, theatrics, Gabriel v. Phil, solos highlighting their work in key songs? All good reasons for connections. Then I ask, is it the emotional side of Genesis that impacts our thankfulness for their music? Did a song get us through a hard time, touch our inner soul, our mind, or just provided years of connections that happen when we listen to them.

For me, it is simply the music. An emotional connection that has lasted for 40 years. It is what makes them unique regarding the impact of their music. While I enjoy many bands and genres of music, Genesis is like comfort food. There when I need them, I always come back to a particular album or song when it feels emotionally right. There is a resonance that never goes away. Positively Genesis....

No comments:

Post a Comment